Mesalia Forums

Full Version: [Approved] Application - kalokagamer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In Game Name (IGN):
[kalokagamer]
How did you find us? (Forums, friend, previous member, etc…)
[https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/se...aft-server]
About You: 
[I really like role playing. I am however not very experienced. I play mass effect and some random mmo-rpgs also skyim and I am currently playing dragon age origins (witch I absolutely love its fantastic). ]
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: 
[Tom Farwell]
Appearance: 
[physically fit, smart, 180m tall, good stamina, white slightly tanned skin, average eyesight, normal pitch voice, skinny, quite muscular]
Personality: 
[serious, quick tempered, slightly autistic, committed to his believes, hardened]
Backstory: 
[Tom was born and raised in a isolated town in the middle realm. The people there were mostly hunter and farmers. Being born in 29AV at the end of the civil war when the resources where rare his mother died. His Father raised him to the best of his abilities but he was young and knew little about children. On top of the rumours were beginning do spread about a spark at the dusk gate. One day in the first quarter of the year 32AV his father did not return from the Hunt. The next day his body was found in the woods with his throat ripped out and his legs tore to shreds.
Tom was adopted by his neighbours and his life turned to the better with the end of the civil war in 33AV and a good harvest season.
However, this peace should be broken soon when the reopening of the dusk gate in 35AV brang fear over the lands of the middle realm once again. Tom now 6 years old was like every child in the village being trained in the art of war which the, just slightly paranoid (you can’t blame the for it considering the events of the last 3 decades), village people saw right around the corner. He learned to shoot a bow and at the age of 8 his stepfather started to teach him how to forge a blade in and took him as an apprentice in his blacksmith. The work was hard and certainly not fit for a child but the people of sad town where hardened from life and soon he became too. With whispers about the Xitians emerging again and end of the world predictions being made by superstitions old people Tom had a difficult childhood to say the least.
When Tom reached the 14th year of his life his stepmother, which he had come to love a great deal passed away from some to him unknow illness with her breathing which made her caught all the time. A difficult childhood indeed. When the dragon came upon the middle lands nobody in the village had any clue what those horrific beast were. They had not heard anything from the outside world since a few years so they blamed it on the Xitians who had ironically been the ones that warned the rest of the middle realm early. Not that it made a difference on Tom’s fait where they came from. Tom now being 17 years old returned from hunting one day and all he came back to were the ashes of his village. Tom tried to cry but he could not. He had to may horrible things happen to him to still have the ability to cry. So that day he left his home with nothing but a bow a sword and the cloths he had on his body. ]
Capabilities: 
[Competent smithing, Advanced Hunting, Apprentice Swordsman ]
Items: 
[Bow, Arrows, Iron Sword, Hunting cloths]
Additional Comments:
[English is not my mother tongue so I apologize if my grammar is not top-noch and my typing is flawed. If there are better ways to say something please tell me. ]
Update with the requested changes

In Game Name (IGN):
[kalokagamer]
How did you find us? (Forums, friend, previous member, etc…)
[https://www.minecraftforum.net/forums/se...aft-server]
About You: 
[I really like role playing. I am however not very experienced. I play mass effect and some random mmo-rpgs also skyim and I am currently playing dragon age origins (witch I absolutely love its fantastic). ]
CHARACTER INFORMATION
Name: 
[Tom Farwell]
Appearance: 
[physically fit, smart, 180m tall, good stamina, white slightly tanned skin, average eyesight, normal pitch voice, skinny, quite muscular]
Personality: 
[serious, quick tempered, socially akward, committed to his believes, hardened]
Backstory: 
[Tom was born and raised in a isolated town in the middle realm. The people there were mostly hunter and farmers. Being born in 29AV at the end of the civil war when the resources where rare his mother died. His Father raised him to the best of his abilities but he was young and knew little about children. On top of the rumours were beginning do spread about a spark at the dusk gate. One day in the first quarter of the year 32AV his father did not return from the Hunt. The next day his body was found in the woods with his throat ripped out and his legs tore to shreds. He ran in to a pack of wolfs that, although normally harmless, got aggressive because he unknowingly got to close to their whelps.
Little Tom did not understand what happened to his dad. He was sad that daddy was suddenly not coming home but he never saw the corps and was never told later in life what happened. Tom was adopted by his neighbours and his life turned to the better with the end of the civil war in 33AV and a good harvest season.
However, this peace should be broken soon when the reopening of the dusk gate in 35AV brang fear over the lands of the middle realm once again. Tom now 6 years old was like every child in the village being trained in the art of war which the, just slightly paranoid (you can’t blame the for it considering the events of the last 3 decades), village people saw right around the corner. He learned to shoot a bow and at the age of 8 his stepfather started to teach him how to forge a blade in and took him as an apprentice in his blacksmith. The work was hard and certainly not fit for a child but the people of sad town where hardened from life and soon he became too. With whispers about the Xitians emerging again and end of the world predictions being made by superstitions old people Tom had a difficult childhood to say the least.
When Tom reached the 14th year of his life his stepmother, which he had come to love a great deal passed away from some to him unknow illness with her breathing which made her caught all the time. Tom never showed any outwards response. Internally he was devastated and at rock-bottom. But his way of dealing with the event was to shut down, keeping all his pain and fear inside him and giving a good impression of a rock to the outside world. A difficult childhood indeed. When the dragon came upon the middle lands nobody in the village had any clue what those horrific beast were. They had not heard anything from the outside world since a few years so they blamed it on the Xitians who had ironically been the ones that warned the rest of the middle realm early. Not that it made a difference on Tom’s fait where they came from. One faithful week in the last month of harvest tom went out to hunt he went out the distance a man could travel in one day to a clearing where other hunters reported wildlife. He set up his camp and that week he thought luck that  luck was finally introduced to his life. He shot more than he could carry. you now might call him wasteful for that but keep in mind that nature ruled in the valley that his village laid in and the woods where rich and not driven back by civilisation. At the end of his lucky week he returned to his village. The trip now took him two days because he was loaded up with enough meat for a month. As he came to discover this was his luck then when he came back to his home all that was left of the village was the smell of burnt flesh and a pile of ashes. Some hunters had told tales about flying lizards burning down the landscape and acting in what seemed like pure evil, but he never was a superstitious person and those tales had seemed like madness and nonsense to him.
Tom tried to cry but he could not. He had to may horrible things happen to him to still have the ability to cry. So that day he left his home with nothing but a bow a sword and the cloths he had on his body. He travelled through the winter spring and summer with no real goal in his mind. After all he did not know of the outside world and its places so he just wandered. At that time he also did not really care about what happened to him why should he? He had lost everything and had also thoughts of just ending it all together.
One day he stumbled across a fellow traveller. She was a young maid about in his age. To tell the truth she stumbled across him as he laid in the trench of a road leading to a city that would later be, as he described it in his words: “burnt down by the flying lizards I once did not believe to exist”.
As it turns out he tripped, fell and hit his head in the night before, and than landed in the trench.
The maid woke him up out of innocent concern for the man lying in a trench and seeming to be unconscious. She gave him something to drink and to eat and in return wanted to know what seemed to him like his entire life story.
She probably was his saviour in doing so then this human interaction he did not have in almost a year got him back on track. Well at least in the rough direction of the Track.
The maid, her name was Emilia as he came to took him to the city and out of sympathy convinced her father, an old gold smith to take him as an assistant. The work and the smile of Emilia put him off his darker thoughts, than the former was hard and the later beautiful, and he soon saw quite a bright future in the city he now had learned to call home.
On a day roughly two years after he first met Emilia a traveller came by the gold smith and in business and other talk told Tom of the wonders a Land that he called forbidden had to offer. This did not move tom very much than he had more desire for his new found life (especially Emilia but he never would dare to speak of such things). However the man also told him of the “Dragons”, that lived in sad land, and he described them like the flying lizards he knew.
This woke a strange, all powerful, yes irrational, and this confused him then he saw himself as a rather rational person, feeling in him, one might call it the desire for revenge. Perhaps it was faith or luck, maybe both or just pure coincidence that he met that man than this led him to leave the city one day before it stood in ashes. Burnt down by the “flying lizards”. He would only learn of this event on the boat to the forbidden lands
After three and a half weeks of travel he arrived at a harbour where he paid a fishy looking man in worn out coat with the money he earned at the goldsmith to get him a trip to the forbidden Lands, more specifically a settlement that went by the name of Neightveil.
Capabilities: 
[Competent smithing, Competent Hunting, Novice Swordsman, Apprentice Gold Smith]
Items: 
[Bow, Arrows, Iron Sword, Hunting cloths]
Additional Comments:
[English is not my mother tongue so I apologize if my grammar is not top-noch and my typing is flawed. If there are better ways to say something please tell me.]
Alright, now the forum's back in order... I can say you're good to go.