Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Orri's Letters
Dear Orvich.

As promised, here’s a longer letter for you. I’m currently doing better again. My seizures seem to have stopped.

A lot have happened over the time I’ve not been able to write to you. I journeyed to the Mainland after an old friend had requested my aid. My sister, Ezri, accompanied me. While I was there I took the time to find my nephew, Urath Duras. This may sound worrisome but aside from a first rather bad impression (there’s something about me that makes people’s first instinct to be to want to kill me, isn’t there?) we get along very well. I assure you that Urath is not like his father. He’s a good man and I’ve come to love him as part of my family. However his mother, my late brother’s wife, tried to kill us (yes, a separate incident from the one I implied before). I was not a desired sight due to my relation to her late husband. While we made it out alive, I suffered some damage to my hands that now appear permanent. They no longer feel as they used to. Unfortunately Urath also lost his home to the flames.

A lot occured. I don’t think that I can tell the story in its whole but it turned out that my friend was at the hands of some old Xitian slavers that intended to capture some old veterans and slaves at a ball held in our honour. No, we did not go without ending up in the hands of these Xitians and I admit the experience was a bad reminder, but at the end Ezri and I fled while Urath had begun an attempt to free us and the captured veterans. I did my best to lead and guide the rescued veterans in order to defeat these Xitian intruders. After a last assault from Urath and I, we managed. My friend Jolene had already lost her son in law and grandson to these monsters, but she and her daughter and granddaughter at least made it out alive. I was rewarded, as I understand quite greatly so, but I have no interest in titles or land and I have my people to tend to. I gave Urath the land and while I can’t give him my own titles I rather not let others learn that I’ve the right to any.

I returned home only to have to slay a man before I’d even set foot in my own home. While he was a Xitian and wished to die like that and used me, I’d to face the consequences of course. Nightveil was going through a tough time of rebuilding after we’d lost everything in Alroc, so rather than spending my time in a cell I work the fields.

My daughter, Netha, had married before I left for the Mainlands and I think you already know she was going to. My grandson, Light, married soon as well. But I’m sad to tell that things haven’t gone very well from there on. My sister passed away and I became sickly. My granddaughter Ezrita was born some time later, as was my great grandson Hart, but Light’s wife never made it through childbirth and the child and Light were assaulted. They had to flee their home and return to Auria. The child is alright, unfortunately Light suffers deep grief and lost one eye.

Recently, my youngest daughter moved away and as she did, my husband left for the Mainland. Thankfully Urath arrived not too long after this and have been good company.

I’ve not been well I have to admit and I feel very old and tired. I can’t say for sure when or if I’ll be able to make a journey as long as the one to the Mainland again. But I’m still very glad to hear that my fears that you had perished were unwarranted. And I really look forward to your next letter my friend.