Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Approved] Application - Kyrenic
Backstory : Brogar was born in a family of 3 just outside the little village of Rivermouth. He didn't have many friends as a kid but that didn't bother him, he was fine being alone and even enjoyed it sometimes. As soon as he way able to walk he wanted to go with his father to log some wood, although he couldn't really haul anything yet. When Brogar had nothing to do he mostly just explored the woods and he knew them like the back of his hand. His mother, named Mary was a typical housewife, spending her day by cooking, sowing and cleaning. Brogar's father Jamie was a hard working man trying to support his family. He was always tired when he came home from logging but that never seemed to bother him. He was a grumpy man, often wanted to be left alone but sometimes he was less grumpy.  His brother Jayr was 5 years older and he always went to town to help around the place and earn some extra pocket money, he would spend it on things like sweets and goodies. Brogar's sister, Penelope, was a bold girl, she was 3 years older than Brogar and always helped her mother doing things around the house. She didn't enjoy doing it but she had no real choice, it was either help or don't get food.

Brogar's father would tell him bedtime stories about how he and his father fought together alongside the Lucins against the Xitans. His father had scars. By the time Brogar was 15, his father had not even told half of his stories but each time he began about a new adventure, it would fill him with pride, courage and total hatred towards the Xitans. Although he would never really fight any of them, or even see them, he had enough of a picture in mind to visualise battling them. Eventually, there was one last story Jamie told his sons, the story about how his father was taken prisoner. Jamie never saw him again and is now certain he has been executed.

When Brogar grew up, he became actually usefull helping his father logging, as opposed to being a liability. He was even paid a little because he worked as hard as he could and his father really appreciated it. His brother now worked at the pub in town called The Glorious Salmon. Nothing really changed other than the kids growing older, but that's just life in and near sparsely populated areas. The community wasn't really affected by the civil war, although some supplies were low or just not available from time to time. At the time Brogar reached the age of 21, the civil war finally reached this part of the world. When Brogar was out logging alone, his father was home sick, his family was brutally slaughtered and hanged in front of this house. When Brogar came home he was devestated because of what he saw, he bursted into tears and just cried for some time. When he finally manned up, he made a plan to leave the old world for good, as there was nothing left for him here. Word had come to town the Dusk portal had reopened, it was simply too dangerous to even think about staying in the old world in reach of the Xitans who had oppressed his family for 2 generations. He packed his bags with the necessary things plus some personal belongins like his fathers watch, his brother's flute and his sister's necklace.

He traveled down the coast until he came to a port town. Brogar encountered some Xitan patrols that slipped through the defense of the north, but he avoided them many others had also decided to go to the Forbidden Lands and naturally there were people profiting off of that. He also heard the dusk portals had opened again, that only made him want to leave more. He paid a captain to take him to these new lands and he boarded the ship. There were many people already on the ship and Brogar overheard they were leaving first thing in the morning. The travel was long, it lasted at least 6 months, after that he didn't bother enough to count anymore. It smelled horrible, the food was awfull, and scurvy eventually manifested itself. But Brogar wasn't really affected, sure he felt sick for some time but he was never in such a bad condition it was life threatening.

When there was finally land in sight and they docked at the port, Brogar was relieved he finally, after all these months had land under his feet. It made him feel a bit sick as he stumbled up towards the town. -END-

Now I'd like to start my character at the docks, just after first setting foot on the dock and feeling a bit sick from the many months on sea.

EDIT: I added some parts in the second paragraph and the third and fourth paragraph.
Hello again, Kyrenic. Just to apologise in advance for not being able to grade your app tonight, afraid I'm more than a bit ill. I'll try to get one of the other staff to take a look. If they can't, I'll make sure to try again tomorrow.
ello again, Kyrenic. Sorry to keep you waiting like that, hoefully that'll be the last time. That said, let me get right to it.

Just a couple things I'll need you to change before I can finally accept this. 

Rather than the 'Old World' (This isn't Warhammer Fantasy, even if that'd be a brilliant idea), unless stated otherwise backstories take place on the Main Continent.

There is only one dusk portal, so no plural is needed.

All characters start in the same place, so there's no need to specify.

I'll trust you to make these minor edits and I'll call this app good to go and add you to the whitelist.