22-05-2013, 11:45 AM
I recently attended a public meeting that sought to explore the matters of politics in Ravenna's future. Called by the woman Margretha, apparently an ex-mayor, it also featured the presence of a Mr. Conrad who was relinquishing his position as leader, and who is thus also assumed to have political experience. I believe he was among the small party that first stumbled upon the inn and took me by surprise.
It seems that they are intent on introducing a council system almost similar to that which I suspect existed in Ravenna's past. Obviously, security, industry, agriculture, and reconstruction are priorities to them, but I think I successfully lobbied for some representation of academic, cultural, and religious influence, if in a somewhat lesser capacity to the aforementioned categories. I was not, however, able to encourage further curiosity regarding the upper level of the city, as it seems that Margretha- who will apparently lead the council- favors a strategy of extreme patience and caution.
I am not sure whether I am truly in the running for a council position, but if no one else is seeking the position then I suppose that there would be little in my way. Of course I very much wish to reach the city's upper district as this is where the city's religiously relevant structures appear to be located. Perhaps if I stress my interest in the secular history of Ravenna and see to it that the market stalls are repaired for artisans' use, this will help make up for the fact that many of the townspeople don't seem to prioritize religion in the same way that I do. At any rate, it is naturally of great concern to me who holds this position, but I must also think about making preparations for expeditions now that the winter is coming to an end.
It seems that they are intent on introducing a council system almost similar to that which I suspect existed in Ravenna's past. Obviously, security, industry, agriculture, and reconstruction are priorities to them, but I think I successfully lobbied for some representation of academic, cultural, and religious influence, if in a somewhat lesser capacity to the aforementioned categories. I was not, however, able to encourage further curiosity regarding the upper level of the city, as it seems that Margretha- who will apparently lead the council- favors a strategy of extreme patience and caution.
I am not sure whether I am truly in the running for a council position, but if no one else is seeking the position then I suppose that there would be little in my way. Of course I very much wish to reach the city's upper district as this is where the city's religiously relevant structures appear to be located. Perhaps if I stress my interest in the secular history of Ravenna and see to it that the market stalls are repaired for artisans' use, this will help make up for the fact that many of the townspeople don't seem to prioritize religion in the same way that I do. At any rate, it is naturally of great concern to me who holds this position, but I must also think about making preparations for expeditions now that the winter is coming to an end.


2nd Journal Entry, late winter