07-05-2013, 05:18 PM
My time of solitude in Ravenna has been cut short... a group of settlers has arrived and they wish to bring the city back to life. They are poorly organized with not much in the way of leadership, and their resources are limited. I have tried to be cordial with them, but I get the impression they do not take kindly to my wary manners... though I doubt that they would act so differently in my situation. At least they do not seem to be bandits whose aim is to plunder the town though, as I initially feared.
However, so far they have offered little help with acquiring access to those districts of Ravenna that are blocked off. That said, to their credit they have brought up the possibility that someone has already established a fortified position up there, an complicating turn of events that I had not considered. I need to do more investigation of the town mines, but with the oncoming winter continuing my research shall have to suffice.
A couple of the settlers seemed to have initially taken particular interest in me, but that seems to have waned over time. They have seized control of the inn that I was living in, and now I will live among them, but I have not yet bonded with any members of the group in any significant manner.
However, so far they have offered little help with acquiring access to those districts of Ravenna that are blocked off. That said, to their credit they have brought up the possibility that someone has already established a fortified position up there, an complicating turn of events that I had not considered. I need to do more investigation of the town mines, but with the oncoming winter continuing my research shall have to suffice.
A couple of the settlers seemed to have initially taken particular interest in me, but that seems to have waned over time. They have seized control of the inn that I was living in, and now I will live among them, but I have not yet bonded with any members of the group in any significant manner.


1st Journal Entry, early winter