Age – 39
Gender – Male
Race – Mesalian

Appearance –
Height – 6’0
Weight – 200 lbs.
Hair – Dark/slightly graying
Eyes – Dark green
Body type – Bulky and large, normally postured upright, making him appear taller and even more foreboding.

Clothing – He is dressed in simple attire, a grayish, stained short sleeved shirt coupled with a pair of thinner long brown pants and brown buckled mining boots. His clothes are rather old and fairly tattered, showing their wear and tear over the years quite prominently and are certainly in need of replacement.

Personality –
Ichabod is a variation of two things, a gentle giant, as well as a rampaging bull, though it isn’t very easy to turn him into the latter. He isn’t a fighter, though when threatened he isn’t afraid of using his strength, and knows very well of what he is capable of. Despite his outward appearance and occasional bouts of anger he is actually quite the softy, more inclined to show acts of compassion than violence. However, when he does this it is usually wordless, as with much else he does. He doesn’t care much for pride and prestige, judging people more by their work ethic and usefulness. He also tends to speak only when necessary, and strongly believes in actions being more important than words.
He can often grow tired of the company of others, and it is normal for him to venture out, seeking seclusion. Usually this search for seclusion ends with him in a hole in the ground, digging to escape his problems. He tends to be quite predictable in this manner, and it is rather easy to tell when something is troubling if the signs are read correctly. Overall he is a kind man with a kind heart, though pushed enough can turn hostile.

Skills -

Competent- Mining: Done for most of his life, Ichabod has become quite the effective miner, though it appears to be a simple skill to most, Ichabod knows just how complicated it can be.

Competent- Prospecting: The act of finding ore and other minerals in the geological world, this skill has been a large focal point of Ichabod's life, and he is therefore quite skilled with it.

Novice - Buliding: The only thing in this category that Ichabod is capable of making are "shoddy at best" supports for the mine, he knows where to place them well enough though their quality leaves much to be desired.

Novice - Reading and Writing: While these skills are quite normal in the setting, for Ichabod, one who hadn't spent much of his time focused on these subjects, they are difficult things for him to do, even though he speaks quite well he is unable to discern complex written speech and cannot write very long or detailed sentences.

Novice - Humming/singing: While not a skill he gives much time to, he enjoys humming or even singing a bit while he works, however this only happens when there is no one around and thus remain unused and untrained skills.

Backstory –
Nestled in a luscious valley in a central part of the mainland bustled the mining town of Atmora. Established due to a large amount of coal found in the area, it quickly grew to become a fairly large settlement, with an industry focused on mining and transporting the coal around the mainland. Because of this it would become a major point of focus in the Civil Wars of the mainland. A few years before the Civil Wars took place the town had been founded by some prospectors and their families, only becoming larger through the necessity of people who had skills beneficial to the miners.
It was in this establishing settlement that a husband and wife from two of the founding settling families had a child named Ichabod. Throughout his infancy he was quite a joyful child, laughing, playing, and exploring as any other child would. As he got older he began to venture farther from the house, one day leaving his stay-at-home mother and following his father to work. His father worked in the mines, as his father before him and so on and so forth. He was a very successful and experienced miner, but first and foremost he was a prospector, his knack for finding new ore veins made him well respected and a vital part of the mining business that kept Atmora running. Because his father was a key part of the towns infrastructure, he thought it right that Ichabod take over his status, and began teaching him the ins and outs of mining and prospecting as early as age 6.
Since the first several years of this hands on learning couldn’t be effectively done without causing undue damage to Ichabod’s health, he spent these years learning how to read and write with his mother. However, since their home was very close to the mines, Ichabod seldom paid any attention to these feeble attempts at education, preferring to stare out the window, watching as the workers ran to and fro, carrying their pickaxes and other assorted supplies. Inevitably this would damage him in the long run, as to this day he still has a bit of trouble reading complex words, and can only write a very simple sentences. His mother never scolded him for this, as it was inevitable that he was to work in the mines anyway, as much of the town already did.
When he reached the age of 10, it was decided that he should begin practicing actual digging, and was brought out to the mines almost every day. Although he was still too young to go deep into the mine, he was allowed just inside the entrance and able to watch the miners work. Coupled with this, there was a small quarry specifically for training new miners in which he could practice things such as his swing, angles to hit the rock at, and so on. All of these were of course, monitored heavily by his father, partly due to fear for the child’s safety and partly to make sure he was doing everything properly. Ichabod was a well oiled machine when he was practicing, which was occasionally halted, so that the boy wouldn’t stunt his own growth. During these halted sessions, his father would show him the basics of prospecting, what signs to look for in the rock, depth levels where ore was plentiful, and so on.
This cycle would continue until Ichabod reached the age of 18. During this time, the Civil war had begun to take its toll on the town. It had passed through the hand of so many different kingdoms and governments, all vying for the resources the mountains surrounding it contained. Each time the townsfolk reacted as peacefully as possible, not quite welcoming each new overlord, but not fighting back either. Even though the forces posted in the town by whichever current government oversaw them oftentimes fought to bravely defend the town, they were usually outmatched simply by a larger attack force, as possession of this particular town was fairly valuable to any war effort. Not much damage was done to the town, and any that had been done was quickly repaired by swarms of official capenters, so that they could be running at extreme efficiency. The majority of the miners were allowed to continue their work, and almost none were forced to draft into the armies of their overtakers, as they were happy to have the source of ore, and a workforce to efficiently keep it flowing. Occasionally, however, some were drafted, normally by the more militaristic kingdoms. Ichabod lost several friends to these drafts, but he himself, so involved with the mining operation, was allowed to stay.
Soon after yet another change in leadership, a tragedy befell the town. One of the key mines collapsed due to an error made whilst digging with explosives, almost completely destroying years worth of hard labor. Of the 30 or so miners that had been working at the time, all but 5 perished, and the 5 who did survive did not leave unscathed. One of these five was the recently 23 year old Ichabod himself, who had suffered a nasty gash in his lower left calf, caused by a large piece of a wooden support beam splintering under the weight of tones of rock. His father however, was not so lucky, as he had been in the immediate vicinity of the explosion, and was one of the first to die. Ichabod only survived because he had been near the entrance at the time, and managed to escape. Although his physical wound did heal over time, the scar would always be a terrible reminder of that horrible day.
With a large chunk of the mining workforce dead, the prosperity that the town had experienced for so long began to decline drastically. Ichabod became overwhelmed by this massive loss. He was never one to show much emotion, though this was different. He did not mourn in the traditional sense, no, he did not weep for the lost of his father or the other workers, instead taking his grief, and using it as motivation to continue working. The mine in which the collapse happened would be closed for several years afterward, though the smaller ones around it became something of a sanctuary where he could continue to work. This was his escape, this was the answer to the sadness that he could not escape. He forbade using any explosives in these mines, and would develop a deep hatred for them, and those who would insist they were safe.Through this adversity, he forged a new self, one who lead, and one who respected, and was respected. He effectively overtook the job his father once had, and did it well. His mother did not take his father’s passing so well. She would often stay inside for days on end, mourning. Due to this, Ichabod would be forced to take days off of work, something he loathes greatly, but could tolerate for the sake of his mother. During his time with her, making sure she ate, and slept properly, she would be largely unresponsive, save for a few bouts of weeping now and again. She would also constantly hum a tune, one that had its origins in a small, pocket sized music box that Ichabod’s father had given to her when they had only been courting. She still had the music box, and played the tune constantly, in remembrance of her lost husband. This behavior only made Ichabod more focused on work, doing his best to stop the constant reminder that his father was indeed no longer with them. He could not however, stop himself from humming the tune himself when he was working. It was a pleasant tune, and the beat gave him a good pace, so he did not mind it much.
In the midst of this turmoil and recovery, the ending of the civil war effected the town as much as it had when it was in full force. The last of the kingdoms to control it held it loosely, though it was largely left on it's own, as long as the ore kept flowing, they were to be left to themselves.
Five years after the incident, when all had been appropriately mourned and life was normal, Ichabod returned home to find his mother had hung herself, a note on the floor close by her body had read “I’m going to see him now, it’s in the top drawer Iky….” When he searched what he could only assume the note had meant, the only thing in the drawer was the old metal music box. He couldn’t cry, it had been so long since he had let himself cry, instead he did the only thing he could think to do. Work. For hours, days even, he worked, and worked, until he collapsed from exhaustion.
He woke up in the infirmary, was given a clean bill of health, and was released the next day, though he was not allowed back in the mine, as the other workers feared for his safety and mental stability, and no matter how much he begged, their answer was still no. Ichabod had to consider his options. He couldn't simply leave the town to fend for itself, but he couldn't bare staying as idle as he was being forced to be. He eventually consulted some of his workers and companions on the matter, they insisted that he do what would get him over his grief, though they still refused to allow him to work himself to death. Eventually, with enough time to consider the effects of his choice, he decided to leave, his decision accepted by the townsfolk, out of respect for him and his situation.He only took the bare essentials with him, his father’s pickaxe, the clothing on his back, and the music box.
He traveled the mainland for 5 years, searching for any work that he could do, normally mining, occasionally prospecting, and never staying in the same town for long. When the gate to the Dusk Realm opened back up, travel became a bit more difficult, as most Mesalians were on edge about the ordeal. Ichabod however, did not care. He had grown up with minimal contact with the Xitians or the Lucins, and had little opinion on either. Largely unaffected, he simply continued his journey, as though nothing had changed. He eventually reached the coast, and did the most logical thing he could think of, travel to the Forbidden Lands. Perhaps there he could finally forget his parents, and start fresh. Only time will tell.

Relations:

Females:
Chathra - Three words. Cook. Friend. Headache.
Dusken - Not met
Estelle - Not met?
Lapis - 'ealed me ankle, tries ta prod inta my personal life, eh...nice enough lass
Nadia - Damn this girl ta Nether...Explosives engineer my arse, more like bringer 'a death an destruction...insists its safe...not a chance.
Nerissa - Not met
Orvich - Gaurd, dunno much else.
Peyton - Nice enough gal, 'pparently a 'ealer, didn't know there where more than Lapis.
Rosalie - Just met 'er, seems..ah...whats tha word....eccentric? Somethin like that, flowers...
Zarkaylia - Mayor, been tha most 'elpful person sfar I guess, got me a job, not that I can say its done me much lately.

Males:
Bishop - Cocky kid, dunno much more.
Daulton - Told me ta stay outta trouble, like I wasn't doin that already.
Hector - Saved my life, guess I can call 'im a friend, somethin like that, ain't gonna be wordy 'bout it....eh.
Koi - Not met
Lyrxi - Not met
Nathan - Not met
Orosvor - 'Old Man' as Chathra calls 'im...apparently a 'unter er somethin
Spy/Caesar - Not met
Roderick - Not met
Seven - Some kid...dunno much about 'im but 'e seems 'armless enough
Thomas - Not met
Victor - Not met
William - Not met

Children:
Zaira - No opinion
Jie - Not met

I dunno maybe I did just copy all of the characters from the active characters thingy and post them here what stop looking at me like that it was late and I was tired and do you have any idea how hard it is to write good character relations and harder than that remembering who you've roleplayed with I mean cmmon gimmie a break already BLERGH!

Items brought:

- His Pickaxe
- Mother's Music box
- Clothes on his back
Bump.

Updates are green

Mining changed to Advanced rather than Expert
Bump.

Changed Building skill to novice and edited description a tad.

It's actually funny, the pickaxe, because there is no conceivable way that he would have went down into that mine to retrieve it, it just doesn't make any logical sense. In light of this I have changed it to his own pickaxe. Thanks for pointing it out to me though, gave me a laugh.